One night last week as I was walking through the supermarket, I walked past nutella and remembered the days in Australia when I had nutella with toast. The thought went through my mind to buy it, but as I saw the price and with the financial problems we've been having lately, I knew it wasn't wise to buy it. Plus, I didn't need it.
At this same time I also saw crunchy peanut butter and the same thing went through my mind again. I wanted it, but knew we couldn't afford it, so I gave it up and walked away to buy the more neccessary foods that we had come to buy in the first place. As I walked away, in my thoughts I said to God, "Oh, God it would be so nice to have some nutella and crunchy peanut butter again, just once."
The next morning, our ywam leader came over for breakfast. As he walked into the house, he carried about 6 bags of groceries that he had bought for us. This was a surprise, it wasn't something we had asked him to do! But it was something that he had felt God wanted him to do for us that morning. So we unpacked the bags. In the bags we found some of the very things we needed that were running out and that we hadn't yet bought (tissues, eggs, apples, vegetables like lettuce and carrots). Also included were things like bacon, sausages, fruit muesli, and soup - things that I had been wanting for ages but haven't bought because we haven't had the money. But, of course our leader didn't know this. It was a real God-thing. By now, I had almost finished unpacking the bags, and there was one more left to open.
I started opening this last bag. At the bottom were two jars. I pulled them out. They were nutella and crunchy peanut butter. Not just normal peanut butter, but exactly what I had wanted: crunchy peanut butter.
Never doubt that God hears your prayers, and never doubt that He has the ability to answer them. Never doubt that if you take a step out in faith and give up the things that you want so much, God is your Father who wants to give you good gifts, and who wants to treat you. This isn't the only time God has done something like this for me, and I know it won't be the last!!
Wow thats an awesome testimony of God's goodness and His love for us even down to the littlest of details. Nothing is minor to God =)
ReplyDeleteKaris - what a beauty !!! Praise God for that caring for His (and MY) daughter. These testimonies are what you should never forget - they demonstrate God's faithfulness. Love ya. :-)
ReplyDeleteYAY! suit yacht lerg!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou and God enjoy your tasty spreads.
Loving you,
Jessy xo
Welcome to Isaan! Look forward to seeing what you do with Isaan music and arts. I found your site because I have been thinking along the same lines. Look us up if you ever come to Khon Kaen. God bless you both.
ReplyDelete