Tuesday, February 15, 2011

News Update

A copy of our first email update for this year...

Dear friends and family in Christ,

It’s about time we sent out our first update of 2011! God has been doing many things in our lives since the New Year.

For me (Karis), I have entered a season of fasting. I felt like God wanted me to start off the New Year with a month of fasting from technology and prayer for our ministry, especially for the boys. I did this fast in January, being the first month that we officially “launched” our ministry. I now feel that it is time for me to take a chance and fast from food. This is a big step for me as all my stomach problems started after I came off a fast (in the wrong way) in February 2008 - 3 years ago! I feel it is finally time to start fasting again, and this time to come off it in the right way.

The reason I am telling you guys this is because I would like to invite you all to pray with me and for me in this time. The fast will start on 21st February and finish on the 25th. Please pray for God to protect my stomach and heal it in this time. Please also join with me in praying for the topic in each day, that God will show me promises in the Bible to claim and pray over these certain areas:

Monday 21st - Relationship with God - to be more in love with Him as each day goes on, and for this to be my source of energy and joy.

Tuesday 22nd - Relationship with Family (Noom) - for God’s continued protection and blessing over our relationship. Also pray for the Holy Spirit to convict me in any areas that I need to change in order to be a better wife.

Wednesday 23rd - The guys we are looking after (Pedro, Ice, Base and Top) - for complete surrender between them and God, and for God to in turn provide them with their own monthly support.

Thursday 24th - Continued healing for my health - in my stomach (I have already received about 90% healing for my stomach problems in the last year) and also in some other more personal women’s health problems.

Friday 25th - Our town Ubon Ratchathani - the people, especially for the children and youth who have problems, and for the pastors and churches to be united.

These are the topics that I got when I asked God what He wanted me to focus on.

Each of the guys have also been challenged to fast in the last month. They just finished a fast from internet and mobile phones in the beginning of this month, and some of them have chosen to continue to fast from their mobile phones for the rest of the month in order to have more time to seek God’s will in the different circumstances they are in.

Just quickly before I finish this update, I want to give you a quick summary of what God has been doing in our ministry and some praise points. In January we had two teams come to help us. These teams were an incredible blessing to us and focused mainly on prayer and children’s ministry. We thank God for bringing these teams to help us build a foundation of prayer in the month that we launched Heart of Isaan.
We also spent alot of time in Noom’s village in the last month and were able to build many more relationships with the children. God provided finances for the football tournament which we are organizing for next month as Noom went to visit many of the families in the village and explained what he wanted to do with the tournament, and many of these families gave donations. Praise God!
God also provided a new laptop computer for our ministry, in order for us to be able to make more videos, songs and better-quality postcards. This was a very special gift which God provided for us through many of you who gave money specifically for my 21st birthday. THANKYOU!

We cannot thank you enough for your support. Please remember that everything that happens in our ministry is a result of your prayers and support and we are very grateful!

God bless,
Love in Christ
Noom and Karis Piawong

No comments:

Post a Comment