Dear friends and family in Christ...
Sorry we haven't posted on here in awhile! Alot has been happening - the soccer program went well but was cut short after Noom injured his shoulder and had to get an operation. Since then he has been recovering. We also went to Bangkok for a week-long YWAM course and then to Pattaya to help some friends in their ministry with slum children - only for a few days before coming back to Ubon. We now have a team with us for a couple of weeks. Things have been a bit hectic and overwhelming this week before the team's arrival, and now we have a much bigger need that we need prayer for...
This morning at around 5am Noom woke up with very severe stomach pains, nausea and vomiting. I (Karis) took him to the hospital at around midday where they tested him and found out that he has appendicitis. He is in the operating room as I write this so the doctors can remove his appendix. This is his second operation in less than 2 months (the first one being on his shoulder as I mentioned above).
Please pray for protection for him and our family and team in Ubon. Pray there will be no complications during or after surgery and that Noom will heal fast. Please also pray for God's provision of finances for this time. The first operation (on his shoulder) was at a public hospital and free, but this operation is at a private hospital and we have no medical insurance. We need to pay 33,000 baht (over $AU 1000) along with the fee for the hospital room, other medical bills and tests. We are expecting it all to come up to around 60,000 baht ($AU 2000+) but we know and trust that God will provide for His children. He has never let us down. Please pray for peace and strength for us in this time.
Also, another bit of exciting news which is a huge praise point and also a prayer point for this time especially: I am 3 and 1/2 months pregnant and don't want any stress or over-thinking to have an effect on our unborn baby. Please pray for protection for the baby, and pray for me that I will give to God 100% this situation, Noom, and many other situations in our lives at the moment!
Thank you so much and God bless you all
Karis Piawong
Please pray form me. I am having serious stomach pains. Others are saying its ulcer while other are saying its a attack. I have taken all the drugs and gone to different hospital. I am still in pains. I need prayers to help me out.
ReplyDeleteThanks